Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
716 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went to the WBuoy yesterday. I was amazed there were no other boats on the holiday weekend with perfect fishing weather. Maybe everyone knew something I did not. Ran a dozen rods & only caught one eye & one very nice perch. fished about 4 hours & came in.

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
They were forecasting storms all day...edgewaters air show crowd was tiny compared to last year when the weather held off

Outdoor Hub mobile, the outdoor information engine

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
3 weeks ago the buoy was on fire, then not, then fired back up - then someone caught the last one.

Hopefully they're just moving "around" the bar, and after this blow find the conditions suitable to stay a little closer to shore. When they do move closer, you can almost hear 'em calling their BigMammas to "migrate West" in time for the little tourney next month.

GR

·
Registered
466 Posts
I say let it BLOW BLOW BLOW north north/east all week. Blow us back some fish. Seems most Vermilion/Lorain captains perch fished.

·
AKA Dnavarroj
1,370 Posts
I was there saturday,all over the buoy,west and east,north and south. Just 3 hookups, lost 1 got 2. Oh well could have been worse.
:eek:

·
Bass are for guys who can't catch Walleye
1,198 Posts
We spent the better part of a day out there. The fishing was outstanding, the catching sucked though. 1 walleye and 500 whities. There where some nice marking fish, but couldn't get the baits thru the white bass. Oh well when the big girls come back they will have a nice snack of white bass waiting on them.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts