close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9/3 milton eyes

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mirrocraft mike, Sep 3, 2007.

1. mirrocraft mike

mirrocraft mike Now in a Alumacraft

My first trip to milton was a good one. Thanks to new member dtigers1984 .He pointed my boat in the right direction. Hit the water at 7:30am Trolled for 20 min got a 15in . Then another 15in. . Then things slowed down a bit Trolled for another 1.5 hour NOTTA .Then it was that hard hit drag was pulling out. First thought snag. No this was no snag .Caught my biggest inland lake eye to date 26.5 in . Hope to post its pic tomorrow If i can figure it out . Thanks agian dtigers1984 for a helping hand .If it wasn't for you my friend i would be posting about catching a few hammer handles at Atwood LOL I owe you one

2. Got out later than I expected this afternoon. 4 walleye (3 were short), a 10" perch, and a 17" smallie. Also managed to lose 5 lures. Not the best night, but I still got on the water and tried. Nice job on the 26.5". I bet it was pretty thick, and had some big cheeks. Let me know when you might get out again.

3. mirrocraft mike

Real soon i hope ! I'll shoot you a pm when i do .First thing that happened to me was a lost lure. Saw some great structure on the fish finder. Like a big dummy went back over it and lost another. 10min. of fishing and down eight bucks. Things didn't start out good ,but ended up just fine

4. Good job guys..At least you are doing something right..Dad and I are still scratching our heads as to what we are doing wrong..Any suggestions? Where were you trolling? Thanks..Terry

5. mirrocraft mike

Don't know if you are doing anything wrong . I was in the right spot at the right time. This time of the year i do troll a little faster then norm. Hitting edges of drop offs seems to be where i found a few . I was :T a shad rap . Was mianly still learning where the channels, drop offs , flats were. Did learn to stay away from the speed demons quickly. Man some of those guys don't have a care in the world for other folks..This was my first time there and i feel luck had more to do with it than anything. WELL i did get some great pionters from dtigers1984. I hope the luck holds out plan on going agian Thursday evening .

6. I'd like to get out Thurday night, but I've got one more week left in the Skeet league I'm in. Shooting at 7 usually kills the evening. I may sneak out for a couple tonight, though.

7. Mike, were you just trolling the whole lake? How much line did you have out? Looks like I will have more time to fish since I just got layed off today..Well Maybe we'll see you on the water..I'll be in an 18' crestliner canadian and will more then likely have my black lab with me..Terry

8. mirrocraft mike

Terry

Not sure to now much line,but i did add some weight to make sure my lures were banging the bottom. I was mostly following the channel edges making S turns like a muskie pattern .Trying to drag my bait up and down the edges of the channel. Sorry to hear about the lay off. Hopefully it will be a quick one for ya .I'll be on the water around 5p will keep a eye out for you

9. Got out from 6-9 last night. At 6:15 I was releasing a really fat 37" musky. Caught one short 'eye about an hour later, and got a nice 21" 'eye just before I left. Another very interesting night. I want to get a digital camera, but am afraid my string of luck would end then. Let us know how you do tonight Mike. Sorry about the job Terry. Good luck. :T

10. Thanks Beau, by the way what kind of boat do you have? I'll look for you..Maybe I'll get out tonight..Or tomorrow morning..

11. P.S. by the way Beau I was working in canton..

12. TWD67,
    I'm running a homemade boat. It's a little grey 14 footer that kind of looks like a small carolina skiff. I've got a Minn Kota foot control up front, and what appears to be a 20 horse Evinrude on the back. It's a sleeper though, as Mirrorcraft Mike actually has a 25 stuffed inside. If you see me stop and say hi, because I'm not exactly sure what a 18' crestliner canadian looks like.

Not sure when I'll get out again. I'm trying to get the girlfriend to go Saturday, but we'll see. Might not be till Sunday evening before I get out again. Good luck.

13. mirrocraft mike

30ish on that HP. cough cough. Yes Beau's boat is one of a kind. You will see him passing by ya and wonder what the h... Pretty cool rig being homemade and all. Hope to see you on thewater soon

14. Hey Beau, well its a kinda black with a grey bottom..and says crestliner canadian and has a red maple leaf towards the stern..If you dont know what it looks like..You know what a black lab looks like? lol..Just busting on you..hope to see you out..oh got a 40 merc on the back