Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Took the yak out to the GMR this morning. Got on the water around 9:00 with visions of lotsa' big smallies dancing in my head. There were a few riffles I wanted to hit along the way to my main target area.

Long story short four hours later I hadn't even got a nibble. I threw buzzbaits, minnow cranks, flukes, spinnerbaits and grubs, nothing, nada, zip. These were some pretty fishy looking spots too.

When I finally got to my target riffle I decided to tie on a tube. Within a few casts I got this long skinny smallie that looked pretty beat up. It had a fresh sore by its mouth and a deep scar on his side. I laid it on the board and it just reached the 16 inch mark.

I kept throwing the tube in the upper section of this riffle and caught a couple more in the 10-12 inch range. I moved to the lower section of the riffle and got another dink. I lost my tube and tied on a white marabou jig.

I got underway again and moved downriver to the mouth of a creek and started throwing the jig. Almost immediately I had a fish on, it revealed itself to be a football shaped smallie in the 14 inch range on a leap that also set it free.

Over the next 30-40 minutes this spot produced two 19" catfish a 22.5" catfish a few more small smallmouth and several fish that got off.

From looking at these catfish they certainly seem to be putting on the feedbag.

I turned the yak up river and started the long paddle/wade back to the take out. I stopped at a usually reliable hole near the take out, but had no takers, but to be fair I was tired and didn't give it much of a chance.

The water temp was 69/70 degrees and visibility was about a foot.

I'm not sure what this was, but after I paddled through it my kayak became invisible and I'm pretty sure I am now living forty seconds in the future.

·
Registered
3,843 Posts
9-25 GMR Report (EDT +40) Took the yak out to the GMR this morning....I'm pretty sure I am now living forty seconds in the future.
Posted 09-27-2013, 12:08 AM
:eek: Looks like you lost more like 40 hours! The LMR has Squatch, but did you know the GMR has UFOs? Does your bung- I mean, does anything hurt? :D

Nice report. Looks like things will pick up soon. Supposed to rain sunday, so we should get some action pre-front and hopefully some water in the rivers will get things going.

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Nice feesh, far out man!!

·
godukies
114 Posts
I hit the GMR last night in one of my more productive areas and I am struggling to find a pattern. I caught nothing on buzz or crank. One hole I fished thoroughly with plastics and got nothing. I threw on a spinner and caught two decent fish right away. I stuck with the spinner for a while and caught nothing. I switched back to plastics and caught three pretty quickly. I finished up with an inline spinner which yielded several dinks and a 13incher. Kinda scratching my head.

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
True story...

I think I became invisible for a bit today
I'm fishing the GMR (at WD actually delta)
Anyways there is this rock bar that runs way out into the river. I'm downstream about thirty yards waist deep fishing above a riffle. On the far side of the rock bar are a group of young people sitting around (I dunno high school or college age). This pretty young lady walks over to my side of the rock bar where her friends can't see her. Looks my direction and then turns the other way and pulls her yoga pants and undies down to her ankles, squats and tinkles... Stands up, bends over, pulls back up her clothes, turns around looks at me again then turns and walks back over to her friends. Im right out in the open thirty yards away, I must have went thru your invisible ray too and didn't notice....

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
True story...

I think I became invisible for a bit today
I'm fishing the GMR (at WD actually delta)
Anyways there is this rock bar that runs way out into the river. I'm downstream about thirty yards waist deep fishing above a riffle. On the far side of the rock bar are a group of young people sitting around (I dunno high school or college age). This pretty young lady walks over to my side of the rock bar where her friends can't see her. Looks my direction and then turns the other way and pulls her yoga pants and undies down to her ankles, squats and tinkles... Stands up, bends over, pulls back up her clothes, turns around looks at me again then turns and walks back over to her friends. Im right out in the open thirty yards away, I must have went thru your invisible ray too and didn't notice....
hahahahah OSG you must teach me your ways

·
Registered
2,440 Posts
Are you insinuating that my story was not true?
No I'm backing your story up with my own little charming anecdote.

BTW if you google "signs of alien abduction" the first thing that comes up is missing time...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts