Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hit the river right before dawn. Ran into a couple deer or possibly LMR bigfoots on the way in. All I could see was their eyes reflecting back at me out of the woods.

The cold front that blew thru slowed the bite but it made for some beautiful scenery as fog rolled off the warmer water into the cold morning air.

I managed to catch a few small bass and about a five pound buffalo in a couple hours. The buffalo had a three inch grub halfway down his throat, he wasn't an accident like most buffalo. He was wanting minnow for breakfast. Deer were everywhere. The cool air really had them moving.
Finally as it was time to leave I did manage one decent smallmouth around 16-17 inches. Everything else was real small. I think as things stabilize over the next few days the cooler temps will really rev up the fishing.

·
Pirateer
2,009 Posts
Yeah, I've had my fair share of eyes in the dark. Not really fishing related, and probably think I'm nuts to say this, but as a teenager I was chased by something with red eyes down the bike path by the base riding into Fairborn. Not really big on supernatural stuff but have yet to find an explanation for what it was.

Anyways, sorry to jack your thread, just the first thing I thought about when I saw your pic. Nice smallie too btw, funny how my Pb is 16" and gets me all excited and you catch a 17" and act like its no biggie. Good stuff man.

Sent from my V8000_USA_Cricket using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
Those are great pictures; the glowing eyeballs are killing me!!
Nice SMB too

·
Registered
179 Posts
At first I was so jealous I could not say it. But now I have to say those are wonderful pictures of a great morning on the river. Almost as good as being there myself. Well...that's a lie...but thanks for the great post. I really enjoyed it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 9 of 9 Posts