close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

9/11

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by acklac7, Sep 11, 2017.

1. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Take a look around most any Major news site: You'd never know it happened. Hardly a mention of it. Troubling.

I know first hand how convenient / comforting it is to forget. Im afraid alot of people have done just that.

Never forget.

2. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Look at this, one tiny mention of 9/11 On MSN.Com. Look at all the other stupid articles. Reuters front page isn't much different....

Im sorry, that's disturbing.

9:11.jpg

Last edited: Sep 11, 2017
    cane pole and fastwater like this.

3. You are so right about that... the only coverage I seen was from my local FM radio.station here in Akron. OHIO
    For all the veterans ,first responders, people we lost and their families that are left with the memories just know that I still remember and will never forget!

cane pole, fastwater and acklac7 like this.
  4. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

First Responders, Veterans, Mothers, Fathers, Daughters, Sons, Sisters, Brothers. Alot of innocent people died. And it seems like everyone has forgot?

The scary thing is they first attacked the Trade Centers in 1993; in time everyone forgot. Then they came back and finished the job...

Seems like somehow, someway, we've forgotten again. That's chilling.

cane pole and fastwater like this.
  5. IMO, todays biased media, along with a past administration has an agenda for not wanting to pay tribute to 9/11. And it has to do with the big illegal immigration and border topic/policies of today.
    In other words, the mindset that the less they remind us of it by not showing events that happened, the more we will forget.

Our President and 1st Lady attended a 9/11 tribute and VP Pence spoke at one as well. Didn't see an over abundance of media coverage on that.

I did see a tribute on Fox News. And local channel 6 News also showed various events/tributes different cities and municipalities were having around Columbus. Too, our church and a few others I know of had prayer for 9/11 survivors/families and first responders Sunday morning and were reminded to remember them in prayer yesterday throughout the day.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2017
  6. I personally don't know how anyone, regardless of beliefs, political affiliation, etc. could ever, EVER forget the events of that day. Still makes me sick to my stomach and absolutely mad as Hell !!
    NEVER FORGET !!

7. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

The only mention I saw of 9/11 was the B.C. comic strip yesterday.

http://www.gocomics.com/bc/2017/09/11

16 years ago today, I took the day off and spent the day kayaking on Nimisila looking up at the clear blue sky with no plane contrails whatsoever...

I have yet to see any follow up of Houston and Harvey. With the Florida hurricane on 24/7 this past weekend, seems like they forgot Texas.

8. Were their kayaks 16 years ago? Seems like they didn't start making them til about 5 years ago..... now everyone has one... including myself.. lol

9. I dunno...I saw it mentioned on the local news, the national news and heard it on the radio.

ress likes this.
  10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I started kayak fishing in 1991. People thought I was nuts back then. I wish people still thought that way so I would have the lakes and rivers to myself again. Like you said, everyone has one now.

11. We don't forget at our house. Flag with names of first responders lost going up for the 11th.

ImageUploadedByOhub Campfire1505260590.506922.jpg

acklac7, bobk, T-180 and 1 other person like this.
  12. ress

ress

Yeah I watched the news channels and the head lines in the papers had plenty of stories and pics.

crappiedude likes this.
  13. acklac7

acklac7 S.S.

Sorry guys, maybe I over reacted. But it upset me how some of the major online news outlets had little or no coverage. Just didn't seem right.

fastwater likes this.
  14. I agree

15. Coverage was everywhere.

ress and crappiedude like this.