Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
OGF, looking for some help here.

My father and I went in on a boat before the season began and we are having some issues with is boat. The boat is a 83 Starcraft with a 83 Mercury motor on it.

The issue right now is that the throttle on it doesn't seem to always want to work. It doesn't always start up and when you push the throttle down, it will die sometimes. My father seems to have better luck with getting it to work than I do, but it's frustrating to try and put a boat on a trailer and have it die on you before you make it on the trailer.

Right now the way we get it going is we'll get it started, give it some choke then try and push it full throttle. When you do this it will go, but to get full speed you have to push in on the key to get it really going.

It seems to work fine in reverse, it's just when we are going forward that is the problem.

Any ideas or help would be greatly appreciated!

Jason

Happy Fishing!

·
Registered
180 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! I'm trying to get an idea of what the issue is along with how much it may cost. This info really helps in doing some research on that. I appreciate the insight and hoping its not an expensive fix.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

1 - 3 of 3 Posts