Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
776 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have had good luck this spring with a silver #8 X-rap. The problem is that I have had two of the bills come off. I have not hit rip rap or anything that could have broken them. I thought that the first one was just one of those things. I bought another one and was catching bass. I unhooked one and threw it again. I could not get it to act right. When I reeled it in, the bill was broke off that one. I e-mailed rapala to see if it was a problem that they knew about. Of coarse they had never heard of a problem like that. I threw the first one away. They told me to ship the old ones to them and they would replace them. I told them that I threw the first one away and they said that they could not replace it on just my word. Why would I lie? By the time that I ship it to them and pay for that, I save nothing from going and buying another one. So I am out two and only have one to ship, and they will only give me one. What happened to customer service?

·
Registered
1,172 Posts
I would have told them that I would get them a digital pic....proofs in the pic right? And that IF they wanted the old ones back that they could pay for the shipping.....sounds like poor custmoer service to me to.

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
rapala is very good about replacing lures, so keep any that fail. I've had paint come off their chrome raps, and I had a fish almost rip the bill off another crank. All were replaced free of charge.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts