close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

8/31 fishing the hoga!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by montegue0123, Aug 31, 2007.

1. Yea i was fishing up under the waterfall under the dam on the cuyahoga river near the gorge metro park. And caught a 24 inch pike!!!;) :B. I was using a rapella lure crawdad. I also caught 3 small smallmouth bass, and a magnificient carp who fought like a champ on my ultralight rod and reel.(It was well worth the effort to pay 20.00$ on this awesome rod and reel combo at wal-mart:) ) This was an excellent spot, but i am just so overweight it was hard to get too:p. I am so gay to find this site :p. Bigdaddy ive been so intimidated by your fishing knowledge, but i finally had the courage to sign up and start chatting. B====================>:p :p

2. Welcome Montegue! I'm jealous I have only caught one pike in my life I've been to the Hoga twice on talk of pike biting an got skunked. I'll get one soon I hope? I guess we all have a white whale and a N. Pike is mine!

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Welcome to OGF Montegue.

No doubt about it, carl knows his fishing. !% :B

4. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Welcome to OGF. This place is a very good resource. We all welcome you into the group.

flash-------------------------out

5. Intimidated? By my knowledge??? HA!:D :D :D

Welcome to the site!

6. BigDaddy you're my #1 hero!!!;)

7. crg

crg multi-species angler

on the hoga for pike- look for the big log jams, they stack up there. i have caught many on roostertails(tri colored green, chartuse, orange), husky jerks but most on the big pike shiners. too bad the tackle shack in the falls caught fire that was the only place i know tha sold the 6" shiners. one bounus in the hoga with the shiners is me and my buddy have caught crappie over 17" on the big pike shiners. i have my best luck for the pike from fall thru winter into late spring when i switch over from pike and steelhead fishing to the walleye run. most pike run around 30" with the occasional one approaching 34". good luck

8. Thx Crg! I will use this info...