close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

8-3-2007 Lake hodgson!

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mbass8dor, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Hello All
    What a great day on the water!!!!! I fished from 9:00 am until 5:00 pm.
    Started throwing spinnerbaits, jigs and crankbaits! Caught 7 bass including a 3# Largemouth on jig. I also landed 2 big walleye, The 5# was caught on a spinnerbait and the 3# was caught on a shallow running crankbait!
    Water: warm and slight stain
    Cond: Hot upper 80's light wind
    Note: The best thing of all today, Was the beautiful Bald eagle the flew over me
    looking for fish!!! Just relax and stay hydrated! Slow your presentation.

Good fishing always
    Tom

2. Justin S

Justin S c-ya on the water

nice job, people always said there were eyes in there but i have never been lucky enough to catch any

3. Fished the lake for the first time today in the rain with paintEd. Didn't have any luck with the walleye, although we did see one floating, 6lbs at least! The bass were fun. Caught seven or eight with a few getting off at the boat.

Ranged from 2 - 4lbs. .......nice lake!

4. Congrats! on the bass fishing,
    Yes indeed it is a nice lake! I can't wait for those Smallmouths
    to grow up lol!!!! As far as the walleyes go, It's hit and miss?
    I'm not trying for walleyes, That's why I catch them lol!
    it's a shame about a floater, But that happens sometimes
    especially during the summer? Well hopefully we'll meet on
    the water some day?
    Good fishing always!

Tom

5. how much is it for parking and fishing there?ive been interestd in the lake for awhile.incase it helps were just bout 100% CandR,except for walleyes,but we went to erie couple weeks ago.were good for the rest of the year.

6. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

do they rent boats and such?
    anyone have a link for info on this lake?
    my kids live in stow and i might have to check it out sometime when i am up there.

7. They rent row boats. I believe it's 16 for the boat and 20 for the deposit. I believe it's 5 to launch a boat and 2 to shore fish. Any ways, they seem to do a lot of stocking in the spring so I don't think they care if you are c & r or not as long as you stay in the limits. Also, they ask that you keep all the panfish you catch.

8. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

thanks...i may give this a try sometime!

9. snag

snag

they open at 6am close at10 pm and closed on tuesday.........