Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my minnows at hotwater headed for the pack north of the fog horn. Lots of boat very few reporting anything good.
I drowned my minnow for a while had a white and blue sail boat Abbie (something), come off of my bow go over my anchor line and cut through the pack.
I move two more time still nothing. I then trolled for an hour around the pack and had a few pull backs but Nothing stayed on. Maybe time to change the hooks? I fished the west end of the pack and pulled one perch.
I moved west closer to shore and tried 4 spots from the launch to beaver creek nothing.
I headed further west towards the condos only to find the the commercial net fisherman had nets for a good 2 miles and I ran south of them to get around them as they were setting up.
I was just west of the condos and anchored with the pack In about a little over an hour I had got 29.

NOAA was wrong again, waves start 2ft or less in the morning and grew By the time I left vermilion they were a good 3' to 4', mind you I try not be out in anything bigger than 3' because I have a small 16' boat with a 50hp motor. Took me an hour to get back as I slowly made my way back to Lorain.

If I had to run a perch fishing buisness I would be out at vermilion. hope this helps.

·
Registered
554 Posts
I was outta rocky same day in the eve in the same size boat. Took one wave over the bow and got soaked. Think it was probly a 5 footer. Turned around and trolled in. Just a little to big out there for my liking. Did pick up an eye on the way in,36 fow pink panties 800 25 ft down,speed 1.5-1.8.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Was out at the buoy Friday afternoon late and ran into the same waves. Came out of Beaver and finally had to stop North of the condo's with little to do but rock and roll with the waves, moved to the buoy by Vermillion about an hour later and anchored in with more of the same. Caught some nice perch, ran out of bait and it took better than a half hour to get back in with a 23' cuddy and the lake had calmed down some.

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
i fished friday also and had the same wave problems solid 3's with 4-5s mixed in. i caught 7 whole perch north of lorain and nothing but white bass by the condos. hopefully i can find um soon

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
o yeah and the minnows where tiny..

One thing I have noticed out of lorain is if I am perching and i see minnow on the top water I usually am on the hot spot for the day

·
Registered
77 Posts
Fished the pack on Saturday straight out of Lorain. Limit of 60 in 1 hour 45 minutes. Nice sized. There were minnies swimming on top.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts