Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went out of Lakshore Sun. No minnows drove the boat over to Rip Off River Marina to buy minnows price for goldies was 4$ dozen so after getting raped, went to boat pack in 56-57 ft not much action except for the three people sinking in a 16 foot boat no life jackets or sense !!! Then after catching 20 some small perch went to 60 Ft. and as they say it was on like DONKEY KONG!!! Up and down till limit.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Do you know what wedt line you were on? I am going ti make the trip Saturday from Geneva. Just wondering how far east past the power plant I should go?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Do not have any numbers but was about 2 miles east of Lakeshore, best size all year was out of Geneva a couple weeks ago, between state park and perry towers. In 44 ft over structure 4 man limit non stop action, with many FOs and a couple 4-5lb small mouths. I have old LMS 300 lowrance works great as a fish finder but has no positioning anymore:) So i am waiting to buy new GPS touch screen next year!

·
Registered
2,076 Posts
Saw the boat when we came back in that day,they had it in the harbor but it was still upside down. We cut strips from white perch and bass and it did better than the emeralds we had.

·
Registered
693 Posts
I usually fish around Huron to the west and the bait shops there sell goldies for the same price as emeralds, when I fished bula and conny several weeks ago I thought it was bad that goldies were more money, I think we paid 3.50 a dozen and they weren't very generous. Worms and minnows are still the cheapest part of the trip.

·
Walleyerunner
578 Posts
Ouch! I think we only pay $2.25 a scoop on the west end. I buy 6 dz and get about 10-12dz. I guess we lucky over here.

·
Registered
74 Posts
I don't care what bait shop you're talking about! These shops will never get rich selling bait! I'm just glad these business's are here for us. Anyone who thinks different, I suspect, is just ignorant as to what it takes to operate a business. Support your bait shops, pay a little more and thank them for their efforts!

Posted using Outdoor Hub Campfire

·
Registered
1,323 Posts
I don't care what bait shop you're talking about! These shops will never get rich selling bait! I'm just glad these business's are here for us. Anyone who thinks different, I suspect, is just ignorant as to what it takes to operate a business. Support your bait shops, pay a little more and thank them for their efforts!

Amen, I wish more people thought like you.

·
Registered
598 Posts
Well...I was told by a very reliable source that one bait shop out west was selling goldies for $3.75/Doz. and was only making about a quarter per doz., just barely breaking even. When minnow prices are up, don't blame the seller...;)

1 - 12 of 12 Posts