Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,439 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Spent today exploring new waters. First a spot on the LMR at dawn. The Little Miami is still surprising me by being so low yet so off colored, at least where I was. It was a beautiful morning made even prettier by watching an osprey wing upriver just as the sun was breaking out over the trees. I managed four smallies in about an hour and a half. On like three different lures I think. And I caught a really pretty sauger, that's a few trips in a row catching saugfishes, I think they are liking this cooler weather. And for the first time in months I wore a pair of waders instead of wading wet. Some August we are having.

Then home for a few hours of painting the house and then out for an afternoon canoe trip with my wife on the GMR. She caught rays, enjoying the perfect day. While I caught three or four more smallies, two channels and a carp on three inch grubs. The GMR was much clearer than the LMR. A surprising pattern that's held true for most of the year. I don't think Ive ever fished the LMR less than this year or the GMR more. Its probably been around a fifty fifty split. Some of the rock bars and paths today had crunchy leaves underfoot reminding me how summer is fast slipping away...

·
Registered
2,004 Posts
You had a better day than me; I did some exploring on the GMR. I didn’t wear waders and it was cold for a little while but it warmed up. Those are some nice looking fish.

·
Registered
759 Posts
Nice Fish! I caught alot of catfish this weekend on 4inch paddle tail shad. I was able to take a GMR float in the canoe from Hamilton Dam to Heritage Park, report to come soon.

·
Annyong!
1,461 Posts
Nice fish OSG. I explored a little "creek" on Saturday. Did okay, caught seven, four smallies and three channels.

Is that bandage where they reattached your thumb?

·
Registered
6,738 Posts
nice fish stinky...the lmr is the same up this way right now...lowest its been all year... but still murky...?? You guys must have some huuuungry catfish down that way..seems your gettin into them every trip you take on lures.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts