close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

8/18/07 am nice smallie

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sevenx, Aug 18, 2007.

1. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Got out this morning for a little r & r. Got to the river to find big buffalo's. I start to fish them but to no avail. I met Blue Water at the river to fish a bit. We headed up stream to take a look at the tail out. Not as many fish working up in the tail out as I'd hoped. Saw some gar around the edge's and was prepaired today. I got into position and made a few cast at him and bam he hit fast and hard. So fast in fact that I could not let go of the line in time to let run and get him self tangled in the rope fly. I fished to a few more gar and switched to drifting to the Bufs. I got a hit from a smallie so I switched up and started throwing an olive bunny leach unwaited with some silly legs. After a few cast and bam hooked up. I mean he smashed that leach. Several runs had me on the reel and loosing line. after a couple of jumps he ran into the fast water and I was on the run. After heading down the riffle I was able to get him subdude and landed. A beautiful 16" smallie comes to hand. Blue Water was kind enough to get this pic for me. She tough and put up an awsome fight. Really fun. Turned out to be the only fish to hand for the morning. Blue Water had to take off early but showed up as I was headed back to the shop. Thanks for the photo BW and it was nice fishing with you. I hope you were able to gleen something usefull for your flyfishing. Another great day on the water. S[​IMG][​IMG]

2. sevenx

sevenx "I sat by the river" N.Mc

Woops I guess I still don't have this pic thing down. S

3. Great fish man. Thanks for showing me the ropes I learned a lot from our time together.

BlueWater

4. SConner

SConner Fish Whisperer

Very nice smallie. Would love to try that on fly rod.