close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

8-15-04 Gmr

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Rooster, Aug 15, 2004.

1. Fished the GMR from 4AM to 9AM last night. Only got two runs, but those two runs produced a 6LB and a 16.5LB flathead. It felt really good to finally land a GMR flathead!
    Both came on goldfish. Quick question about goldfish....Is it bad luck to name the goldfish? I had pretty good luck with naming them until I named one Elvis (that little guy stayed on the hook all night without a bite). hummmm....Elvis didn't catch any fish? LOL

[​IMG]

2. OhioCatman

OhioCatman "Rip some lip!"

Wow!...Now thats a strange time to head out for flatheads. Congrats on yer first GMR flatties. Best times to hit the river right now for them would be to try and get there around 8:30 pm and stay till about midnight. You musta got the fish as they were headin back to thier daytime haunts. As for elvis, He either scared all the fish away with his singing or the sun was just comin up around the time ya put him out there. :D

3. Congratulations on the flatties. I kind of agree with OhioCatman, if the spot produced those fish at those times, the odds are quite good that the fishing will be even better during the first few hours of darkness.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Way to go, I am happy for you!

5. Yes, not the best time to go fishing. However, it was much better than my wife’s suggestion (none). So, anytime that you can get out, is REALLY the best time to go fishing!

6. catking

catking Banned

Nice going Mark !!! Finally :D anyways, what's the little meaning about Elvis and not catching anything :confused: Name him DA KING !!! next time :cool: :D .......................THE CATKING !!!

7. If you name him Da King, none of will catch anything out of the river for the next two weeks at least! :D