72 gills,smoked em' (pics)

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by Procraftboats21, Mar 1, 2008.

1. Procraftboats21

Procraftboats21 Original OGF Member

72 gills in an hour from guilford, be safe out there, the shore ice is sketchy

[​IMG]

2. Nice pile. Thanks for the pic

3. Gotta love those good days!! Nice mess of fish.

4. Nice catch, here in North west ohio we are putting things away . Ice is allbut gone, be floating the boat next weak.

5. Procraft, Next time put a beer can next to the pile of fish for a length reference!-LOL! (or a soda can!) Those look like nice ones.

6. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

WOW Looks like a hell of alot of fun!
    Wheres this lake? :D

7. gotta love it!!! nice batch of gills!! now the fun of cleaning them!!:p

8. snake69

snake69 Equal opportunity fishing

About 17 miles west of Lisbon Oh. SE of Alliance.
    By the way, nice batch Pro. Will be going past there tomorrow on my way to the river!

9. Procraftboats21

hey snake, let me know how it goes, i wanna hit it this week while its coming up from the rain/snow melt. shoot me a p.m

10. Procraftboats21

oh and as for the gills, it was a total fluke, we slopped into them. we tried shallow then went a little deeper, i dropped into the hole blind and the bait didnt sink 4 feet and i wacked a nice gill. i dropped a spoon down to see how deep it was and it was over 12 feet. talk about suspended!!

11. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Procraft21....... Way to go man.....Not only did you have a great day but were smart enough to pick up on just what the fish relayed to you.....and that, sometimes makes all the difference between good or skunked. Not everyone out there pays total attention to those things.....Over the years, I've caught them right under the ice( 1 foot or so) on more than one occasion...Hope you still get a trip or two in before mother-nature closes the door on yet another ice fishin season...............Jon Sr.

12. nice job on the the gills. i and going to have to try there i only live 10 mins away from there