Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
The one others want to be
2,242 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good Gawd! 7 bucks a pound for hamburger! My wife came home with a 3 lb roll for $18.99 and I almost blew chunks. They have strip steaks for 8 bucks a lb and hamburger is 7? Talk about supply chain issues. Wow.

You know it.

·
Registered
2,544 Posts
I just ground 20lbs of venison up tonight. Got my 9th deer strike. Haven't bought ground beed in a long while except for the mismarked 10lb chubs from Kroger

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
I'll be grinding up my goose breasts for burger before I pay that! I have 8lbs of ground beef in the freezer right now, but that doesn't go far with a family of 5!

Are pork and chicken prices going up too?

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I'll be grinding up my goose breasts for burger before I pay that! I have 8lbs of ground beef in the freezer right now, but that doesn't go far with a family of 5!

Are pork and chicken prices going up too?
Add about 15-20% fresh sausage to the ground goose , it's great!!!!!!

Reactions: bdawg

·
Registered
107 Posts
I just called around to every processer anywhere near me including several I have used before. Next March is the earliest I can get a steer killed. My cattle will be past optimal weight by then. I can buy their meat but not my own, doesn't seem right. Their kill fees and cutting fees are higher than normal anyway, but their profit on retail meat must be really high.

·
Registered
956 Posts
This is what I was saying about meat prices! You in Ohio are now seeing what we have been in michigan for a couple weeks now!
F ing crazy!!

·
Great cycle challenge team OHIO GAME FISHING
1,797 Posts
I've been seeing some butcher deals on fb. But other than that you gotta see what is on "special" week to week. They might have a limit so maybe go to purchase in the morning and try again in afternoon or use cashier 1 and try again at cashier 10 after loading first purchase in the car. Get the wife in line behind you with her separate purchase. Got a kid old enough to pay? Send them a checkout over to pay for their T Bone steaks or pork chops.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Walleye are free from the shores of lake erie.
I figure bout 15 bux a pound for walleye after boat, equipment, gas, insurance, dockage, skipped work, etc lol

·
Registered
275 Posts
if you guys have access to any sort of a cooler, butchering a hog is not that hard. No different than a deer really. The only thing with a hog is that you have to get the internal temp down or it will spoil fast. I worked in a packing house for 22 yrs and am very serious. If can cut up a deer, you can do a hog. Some of these big hog farmers will sell a piggy for less than market price. Save the loins and grind the rest into whole hog sausage. If you know some one who does deer, maybe a little talk and you got your help and equipment, but if the meat inspecters ever get wind of it, watch out.

·
Registered
384 Posts
neighbor just bought 7 hogs for .50 a pound on the hoof

1 - 20 of 30 Posts