Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
CHARTER CAPTAIN
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The fishing was hot on My Bonnie, So was the crew. This young lady and her dad pulled their four man limit before noon. We were fishing out by the boarder. Fifty jets fifty feet back. Reefs pulled the hogs with green flash being the hot Reef. Several fish Ohios and one fish pushing 30". We ended up throwing three back on the break down. As for the harness colors, it did not make a difference. I have run a different color harness on every rod all this year, and have caught fish on every one on the same day. Its my own experiment, and have done it for three years. I cant say that I have found a color that has made a difference. Double willows blades at 1.8 to 2.0. Good luck and go make the gas man happy.

Attachments

·
Registered
362 Posts
I just had to jump in about the color. I typically agree with you that specific color doesn't matter but today it certainly seemed to on our boat. We put 4 harnesses out by the bouy, a mixed veggie blade took 3 fish in a row over a course of 2+ hours without a single eye anywhere else. Same leads, same presentation, same everything else so I decided to change out blades and put mixed veggie on two other rods including a dipsey (different presentation than in-line board). Those three rods proceeded to catch 8 fish while we didn't catch a single one on another harness color. Even things that were similar but not quite the same didn't get a bite except for junk fish. Maybe it was a coincidence but it seemed to make a difference.

We certainly did make the gas man happy though - 23 mile run each way plus 7 hours of trolling. Nice grade of fish but nothing like a couple of those you have hanging there.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts