Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched from Wildwood and motored over to the perch pack a little west of the apartments in 37'. It started a little slow in the morning and then picked up in the afternoon. It seemed most fish were in the mud however we did catch some up to 3' off bottom. We ended up getting our 2 man limit in a little over 3 hours. We watched the Linda Mae get towed back to the marina around 12:30 and had a hunch the fish cleaner was going to leave early.
Our thoughts were true and I ended up calling someone who was referred on OGF last year. For those of you who like to catch fish and not deal with cleaning them give Rob a call 216-410-9716. He is west of Cleveland not too far from interstate 71. Our 60 fish cleaned weighed 10 lbs.
Fish Fishing Recreational fishing Recreation Sound

This is my buddy with the biggest fish of the day and a hook in his hand.

Attachments

·
Registered
241 Posts
The fish were average size that day. Few big one and a few small ones. Not all hogs or dinks. There were quite a few boats out there. Watch out for the sailboats cutting through.

Rob charges the standard .50 each. Be aware he does skin them too, if that is better or worse for you. No scaling at his shop.

·
Registered
9,724 Posts
How much did the ER charge for hook removal?(ouch!)
By the way, of all the fish that I have cleaned in 60 yrs, I NEVER EVER minded cleaning perch! Worth every(small) bit of effort. You should view a couple utube vids and give it a try-with some experience, you can get one done in abt a minute. Nothing quite like sips from that slimy, fishy beer can between fish(or champagne bottle,if you prefer), plus they seem to taste so much better when you clean your own!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Learn to clean with an electric knife and you won't mind cleaning a mess of perch. With someone cutting out the rib cage, you can do up to 80 in an hour with a little practice. I wouldn't go any other way.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.