close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

7/5 Hoga River Report

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by KSUFLASH, Jul 5, 2004.

1. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

since I had the day off, I figured I would head on over to the Hoga River. Nice day outside. The water is back to normal flow, and I got some smallies today. 13 of them to be exact. I also ended up with 2 pike. All in all it was a pretty good day.

flash---------------------------------out

2. Nice job Ben. What did you get the smallies on?

Hey bud, when you gonna start chumming for the SSA carp outing? ;) I know how big a carp pro you are.

Carl

3. Sounds like that was fun...

4. KSUFLASH

3" salted tubes. I was getting them on a cream color better than anything else. I got the tubes at Falls Outdoor Sports.

CARP!!!!!!!!!!!! EWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

flash------------------------------out

5. I always had the best luck on 3" smoke & pepper tubes. Since the river is fishable again, I may have to head down there one day after work.

6. KSUFLASH

ahhh, thats what they call them....Smoke and Pepper. Thats the ones I used....I had to walk a long way to get the fish. Fished 6 pools. Talked to another guy out there that had gotten 5 smallmouth.

flash-------------------------------out

7. where is a good wadeable stretch of the river for smallmouth close to akron?

8. fished off of rt. 303 fo a couple hours got 3 smallies. 2 about 14" 1 about 8". All on tubes