Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hit the river from about 10:45-12:45 today. Water level was good but the clarity wasn't. River was pretty stained and the visibility wasn't great. Caught this nice smallie on about the fifth cast of the day. Actually thought I was snagged until it came flying out of the water! Real hard fighter. Caught on a yo zuri pin minnow. No more fish the rest of the day, but glad I was able to get out and get one! Happy fourth and hope some more people caught some today!

Attachments

·
fishing extradonaire
755 Posts
nice fish! that had to feel good thnkn it was a snag and they bam reality check lol.., what kind of line do u use? gonna be doin my local river thing soon cant wait for da action!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got some 8lb mono on right now, stren super knot. Works for me. Good luck getting some smallies!

·
Registered
46 Posts

·
Registered
2,016 Posts
Mostly carp and shad this time of year. Some steelhead there in Sept/Oct. I also catch some nice largemouth bass about 10-15' off the steel wall near the start of the rock pier on tubes in the fall. There is a nice rock dropoff where they like to hang out. Too bad you can fish from the rock pier - would be a good nighttime walleye spot in the fall and spring.

·
Pay-it-foward fisherman
5,251 Posts
I have been doing really well for smallmouth.. Numbers have not been this good this year but I have been catching some real pigs.
Also caught about a 10lb catfish on a tube.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts