close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

7/4 carping

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by RiverRat, Jul 5, 2005.

1. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Hit a spot on the river tonight for some carping...fished from 7pm- 1am and landed 16 carp up to 23 lbs.
    Probably should have stayed all night, but got bored catching/talking by myself...guess everyones got to be back to work in the morning..lol...im not due to be back until weds. night....so i might go hit it again tuesday night?

Good luck to all that went out on the crazy weekend....have'nt seen that many "weekend warriors" out fishing this year...geez us!

Scott

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Glad to see you got on some fish. I don't have to go back until Thursday. Going to put the boat on Ceasar's Creek Lake tomorrow. I might even post a picture or two if the mood strikes me. 23# is a nice fish :)

3. It it Scioto? Let me know if you get bored next time!
    Greg

4. Nice outing man. You should of called man I just sat around all day and did nothing. How late did ya end up staying on Saturday? What spot did ya hit monday, I am pretty sure I already know. Call my cell and let me know if your going out tonight might be able to meet up with ya for a lil while. Cya out there.

Jake

5. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Good luck Jim...hows the river looking down your way? I know the Scioto R. was up here a few days ago, but its coming down and looking great!

Greg,
    Yea i fish the scioto for carp 90% of the time, the other 10% is the Ohio river.I dont like Lake fishing, not enough action for my taste.

Jake,
    I think Dave and I headed out around 5pm saturday...man i was beat after working 12 hrs. then fishing all day without sleep. Remember how high the water was that day? Well its down the bank about 8ft. from then and the water was looking sweet...i had carp rolling everywhere...after dark it was none stop for a few hours. I was the ONLY one down in that whole area...lol.

I was going to hit the "new spot" tonight for some evening/night fishing...im still not sure yet, got to check the flow on-line and the radar too.

Scott

6. Did you end up going last night? I tried calling you a few times but all I got was the voicemail on the cell. You really need to go get a new phone for yourself!!! We will have to try and get out sunday evening for some action. I might try and get some carp action at the dam friday morning. Will let ya know how that goes. Talk to ya later.

Jake

7. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

LOL....yea i was out yesterday...but not fishing, Tyler and I were playing around with our nitro R/C's most of the day at the school down the street.

Having no phone is AWSOME..peace and quiet..its been great....the guy will be here anytime to hook up our digital phone service through our cable service(time warner)... so i'll give ya a shout with the new # today.

Scott