Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
631 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
We had a good evening. Started out trying to find a new spot on the Stillwater that looked inviting on satellite images. Started a hike through rough terrain to get there, but turned back when I decided it wasn't worth it. So, we went to another new spot. My spinner caught 7 fish in a span of about 20 minutes. Biggest was a 14" spot, but skinny (it might have been a LM). Also got a 13" smallie. This place was very small and shallow and it felt like I had caught every fish in the place :) Across the way, we witnessed a very large catfish caught, photographed and released. I assume that only channels roam the upper Stillwater, but this fish was impressive.

So, we hit the GMR to cap off the evening and found that the algae has died back a bit. The water was still discolored, but no more foam and green funk. The water level was pretty low. My son caught his only smallie of the day there. He also managed to catch a leech on his shoe (photo below). Those things can be really stubborn to remove.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts