Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Launched at Miller Rd. around 7:30am, armed with healthy Erie Outfitters shiners. We headed to 31' of water, due north of Avon Point and set anchor for the day. Bcnulator and I had 60 nice perch, heading in as the rolling 3 footers started to cap a bit. They weighed in at 25.5# at the Hotwaters cleaners (nice job they do). Two days out for me this week and limits of walleye and perch, wow.

·
Registered
927 Posts
Nice job. I need to make the run down that way next weekend for some of those large perch. My last two trips out of Sandusky were 4 to 4.5 fish to a pound. I want some real sized perch.

Sent from my VS840 4G using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Registered
473 Posts
Brian:

The launch has NOT had a lot of traffic there the past few weeks, at least when I've been there. HOWEVER, be aware that the water level is pretty low right now, and on-loading is a little challenging, with a high-trailer.

·
Registered
2,315 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
There were just a few trailers in the lot at 730 am and it was 3/4 full at 1:30. No problem launching/loading my Lowe FM175 with low trailer. Saw very large glass cruiser launch without issue. For a few bucks, the docks are perfect, rest room clean. Compare that to the debris strewn Hotwaters with outhouse has been limited out for a while, nails exposed on docks with no bumpers, all for free.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts