Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out Wednesday and Thursday. Wednesday we left dock at 5 am and made the long run from east harbor to big pickeral. Caster for the first couple hours and had a few keeper fish on mayfly rigs with gold blades and tons of shorts. Then the wind died so we set up trolling. Ran small boards with cranks and jets with spoons. Had a steady pick of fish on the spoons at 65-90 back. Then I started marking fish higher in the column so I shortened leads on cranks and took snap weights off. That seemed to work so I think I was fishing under the fish most the morning. We raised the franks to 50,65, and 85 back and we almost couldn’t keep the 50 and 65 in the water. Grapefruit and chartreuse-blue back were the hot colors for us. Finished our 3 man limit and caught two more clearing rods. Probably caught 40 shorts too. Thursday we were only fishing until about noon before heading home so we didn’t run all the way over there. We went out of east harbor and just went north to American eagle. Set up with same bandits and program and same spoon program. Had a little extra room off back of boat so I just flatlined two rods with worm harnesses and 2 oz sinkers. We trolled north and didn’t hit a fish, so we turned towards the monument. Found an active school and worked then for a couple hours. Much better size fish over here, most were 20-23 inches. We caught 10 keepers. About half came on cranks and about half on the two spinning rods with harnesses.

trolled about 2.1-2.5 most of the two days.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Nice catch and report. I fished with bandits back no weight back 115 no weight. 35 or fow at 2.5 up to 2.7

1 - 2 of 2 Posts