close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

646 # freshwater fish caught

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by freyedknot, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Somebody pass the tarter sauce!

2. CoolWater

CoolWater Multi-Species Fanatic

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

yeah saugmon showed us that pic on my website. that fished died and the pop is decreasing fast! it just too bad :( but atleast they r keeping it 4 food

4. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

wonder if AK has seen this?

5. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

the fish was netted during an annual festival the village holds every year.. there are farmers out there who are breeding these fish nowadays.. i can actually go buy them at the market and put them in my pond cheaper than go out catching those wild fish.. plus these farmers aren't raising only those small fingerlings, they raised and sell the monsters as well.. i'm talkin 100++KG .. i don't know what could break 100lbs power pro without even scratching a thing..

6. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

I don't think that fish was farm raised, though it could have probably eaten a small heffer with little to no problem.

CG

7. Fishpro

Fishpro Northcoast Madman

Good God Ak! Don't go swimmin', you'd just be an appitizer!:D :p

8. crappielooker

CG..that fish isn't farm raise i know.. lol..would take a hell of a pond to do so.. lol
    paul.. those cats ain't what i worry about.. its the arapaima is what i'm skeered of. :D i swear, when they surface at the lake, i about crapped my pants everytime just lookin at their size..

9. crappielooker

thats the fish alright.. but the size is a tad bigger than that though.. the guys here uses 2-3lbs bluegill like fish as bait.. :eek: its like a red submarine surfacing when they come up.. :eek: