close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

600 #carp?

Discussion in 'Carp Discussions' started by ARGEE, Mar 29, 2005.

1. I read the other day the biggest carp weigh 600 lbs.and come from vietnam..is that correct?

2. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

probably black carp living in the mekong river system..

3. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

4. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Speaking of Carp. A good bait for them is Wheaties breakfast of champions. Just pour some in rag, fold it over and soak it in the lake water while squeazing it and then wring it out. Presto, it is ready to use. Place it on the hook as you would a dough ball and it will stay there for longer than a dough ball. No cooking needed. I learned about this bait in the great Muskie state of Wisconsin while fishing the Fox river. Carp love it.

5. catking

catking Banned

Wheaties for carp bait :confused: I would have never thought of using them ........... :rolleyes: ........ :D .Hey, the use of the rag trick is nice. Beats wheaties fingers..... Thansk for the tip........ THE CATKING !!!

6. RiverRat

RiverRat Banned

Whaler...most of us grew up catching carp on wheaties, sweetcorn , nightcrawlers and softcraws..i still have been known to use them from time to time, but i use other baits for carp now.

Another great dough ball is rye krisp crackers..they work just like wheaties and are a bit easier to make...perfect sized crackers that equal one dough ball. Just put one in your hand, dunk under water for a few seconds , take your hand out of the water and start crunching up the cracker...it starts to stick together...roll into a ball....best to let sit in the sun for a few mins. and harden a bit before using...i do the same with wheatie balls.

Scott