close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

60 HP Merc Wanted:

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by LakeRaider, Apr 8, 2004.

1. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

I,m looking for a late 1990,s 60 HP. Merc with power trim and a shortshaft.
    LakeRaider<><>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  2. Do you have any idea what a fair price would be for one between 1996 or 1998? The reason I ask is that I was looking to buy a new boat and the dealer had a used model with a 60 Merc 2 stroke on it. I'm definately going with a 4 stroke motor, as that's what I'm running now. Anyhow I didn't really look at the used model because it was a 2 stroke, but if the used motor had enough value to sell and upgrade to a 4 stroke it, maybe I better take another look. What do you think you would pay for a good 96 to 98 motor, without the controls? Thanks!

3. LakeRaider

LakeRaider EEEEEK!

1996 w/trim, oil inj. elec. start goes for around $1800+ depending on condition and what part of the country it was used in. Southern motors bring a lot less money. Raider<><>

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 30, 2015
  4. It really wouldn't be practical for me to buy the boat and sell the motor off at that price. If the boat itself was something real super, it might make a difference, but this boat isn't anything special. For about 2 grand more I can go into a brand new one. I figured as much that's why I really didn't pay attention when he was offering the used boat. Thanks anyhow.