close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

6 and half pounds 18 inches large mouth Bass

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by BassMaster_Nick, Aug 15, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BassMaster_Nick

BassMaster_Nick BassMaster_Nick

hi im nick im 15 and just caught a 6 pound 18 inches large mouth just now at a lake in northfield Ohio

2. This outta be good!

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

4. that's a nice fish Nick,but more realistically it will weigh 3-4 lbs.

5. Now that has to be one very fat Bass!

6. My thoughts to.

BassmasterNick congrats on the good bass man.

7. :confused: ...Grabs bag of popcorn and sits back for the show...

8. steelheadBob

steelheadBob Robs Guide Service

I know where u cought that fish Nick....... I live in the bldg across from you in eaton ridge, and no everyone he's not lieing, the are some big bass in the pond he fishes

9. steelheadBob

dont know if it was a 6 lb'er or not but like i said, there are some whoppers in there.

10. BassMaster_Nick

BassMaster_Nick BassMaster_Nick

the picture that is up right now is it not that other one the one that is my avatar right now is it

11. steelheadBob

huhhhhhhhh, i think you just lost everone:confused: :confused:

12. steelheadBob

I said me 2 cents, im out of this conversation!!!!!!!!!

13. The size of the fish that lurk in any body of water has nothing to do with the credibility of an 18 inch 6lb largemouth. I do however acknowledge the excitement over catching any Bass over 18 inches. And yes they can seem much bigger. A good scale is the only way to judge the weight of a Largemouth that has put up a good fight.

14. Why is it everytime a young angler catches a large fish and posts it, many individuals have to get on line and question the weight posted?:confused:
    C'mon guys,,,,,post a congrats or don't say anyting! These young anglers are the future of our sport and don't need all the questionable comments.
    Like Thumpers mother said to him in the movie Babbi, "If you can't say something nice,,,,,,,,,don't say nothing at all.

15. krustydawg

krustydawg KrustyDawg

I agree, I don't know why it would be out of the realm of possibility for an 18" fish to be 6 lbs., it would be darn fat but not out of the realm of possibility imo. I caught a smally a couple weeks ago off Huron, it was 21" and was 6 lbs. 4 oz. Shortdrift, I am sure you can attest to the walleye in the fall on Mother Erie. Some of them gorge themselves to the point they can barely swim. I have caught eyes in the fall in the 24"-26" and weigh 7-9 lbs.

Nice catch Nick ! If you say it was 6 lbs., it was 6 lbs.:D

16. Nice fish, regardless of weight.

However, if these young guys are the "future" of our sport...they need to learn how to estimate a fish's weight. This can only be done by catching/weighing a lot of fish. What's the harm in people questioning something they know is likely to be incorrect? If we just go on letting people believe that an 18" bass(or just about any fish) weighs 6lbs, then we're not doing our job to teach them.

17. Good job Nick....I'm jealous.

Give us a hot tip Nick.....what bait you catch it on? Inquiring minds want to know.

18. Not so much the questioning but the manner in which it is done as well as the short comments. The young anglers wil learn soon enough to reduce the estimated weight without being taught to do so. More time should be spent in teaching them better techniques and methods of fishing and let the excited statements slide. I NEVER put down or my son or any new (young or old) angler regarding their version of catching a large fish and stating a weight that was questionable. Let them enjoy their moment as they choose. One of my proudest moments was a few weeks ago when my son suggested we release a 31.5" walleye. Though I had a scale on board and the fish was obviously very fat, I asked my son what he thought it weighed and his reply was "probably better than 10, dad". Twenty five years ago his reply might have been "had to be near fifteen". Point is I never had to teach him about stating weight, only taught him about fishing and his weight adjustment came automatically.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.