close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

6-7-04 Report

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, Jun 9, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Hit the river Monday with Dave. Took my boat, got on the water before noon, got bait(shad) fairly easy. Had rods out soon. Wasn't marking too much. Got a drum & a few dink cats. Moved to several spots. Finally got a little action, had a double, I had a blue on & Dave caught a channel at the same time.
    [​IMG]
    Dave's channel cat.
    [​IMG]
    I had one nibbling the bait, it was a small flathead. Interesting colors.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Dave had a big hit & a decent fish on for a few seconds, bait came back all slimed up real bad.
    Oh well, maybe next time.

2. metalman

metalman Not So Junior Member

Went out Tuesday afternoon and evening and again on Wednesday morning. For a change the shad were easy to get but the river was a different story. Caught 1 drum or buffalo about 5lb and a striper or hybrid a tad smaller. That was it, not one catfish. B.T.W. Jim thanks for responding on the places to stay, actually ended up staying at Versailles state park. With the lack of fish grilled chicken and baked beans was the high spot of the trip. Oh well!...W

3. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Sounds like a good day, I might try and hit it tomorrow. Depends on what I have going on.

4. Good fish Jim,I think I will hit it early sat.I think it will be a good hybrid weekend ;) Daryl