close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

6.3 Pound Smallmouth!

Discussion in 'Bass Discussions' started by Reel Lady, May 9, 2005.

1. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

:B Here she is.. my personal best to date. A beautiful Lake Erie Smallmouth that I caught on a Tennesee Shad crankbait. 6.3 pounds....21 1/4"! She was released unharmed :) Must have been my lucky OGF hat that got me this one! :D

[​IMG]

Marcia

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

3. WOW, that is one AWSOME FISH. Way to go!! Bet that was a great fight. Man I love smallie fishing, I hope to fish Erie for them some day but until then I have fun with the little ones in the creeks.

4. captnroger

captnroger OGF Webmaster

Nice way to break in the new boat ;)

Nice fish

5. Stretch

Stretch Wishin I was fishin

That is one sweeettt fish Marcia! Nice job!

6. Sweet fish,my hats off to you...

7. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

beautiful fish.
    but you and lundy are really starting to give me an attitude with those pics :p ;)
    here i sit in columbus,drooling on my keyboard,while you're all having way too much fun up there :(
    i hope i can get the chance to get up there into them,before you have then too scared to hit a bait ;)

8. That's one hoss of a bass! Congrats.

9. Tee

Tee Team OGF

Nice Smallie! That is one huge fish! Congrats on the PB!

:)

10. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

Wow, thats a freaking monster. Think it will be a Fish Ohio? :p (It would actually make 2 Fish Ohio Smallmouth!)

11. Great Fish Marcia!!!
    Smallmouth Are Great Fish, But That Is A Beauty!!
    Thanks For The Pics.

Tom

12. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

wowsus..that's a great lookin bronze football you caught there.. :)

13. Great Fish Marcia! I can't wait to get back to Erie. The good fishing sure makes the weekdays feel like an eternity!

14. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Nice smallie!

15. Wow! Great catch! I really need to get up there some time and try to find some of hawgs. I have caught a couple that were a bit smaller than that in Canada so I know what those fish are capaable of. I am sure that thing was quite a fight.

16. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Very , very nice smallie!

It had to be the hat :D

There's no place like home, except Lake Erie in the spring time.

Nice job!

Kim

17. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Nice fish Marcia!!! I bet that fish felt like a 25# sheephead when you were bringing him in. Nice fish!

18. Reel Lady

Reel Lady Dreams DO come true!

That fish definitely makes me proud, thats for sure :D
    This fish fought a bit differently than the other smallmouth that I have ever caught. Normally, a smallmouth is a very arial fish. They will break water way far away from the boat....But, this one stayed under.. real deep.... more like a sheephead or catfish pull.... constantly diving... The darn thing went under my boat, and lucky for me, the propeller didnt cut the line. That would have have been the worst thing!!!!!
    I absolutely love smallmouth bass.. They are so beautiful with their sweet little red eyes and gorgeous coloring....
    Marcia