close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

6-28-04 The Good, the bad, the Ugly !!

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, Jun 29, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Took my son James for a river trip. Lot's of stuff going on right now. This is off topic, but just to give you an idea of why I'm grateful to be sober I'll tell you a quick story. As you know I have a used furniture store, my nephew...on my wife's side, all these people are on her side, my brother's have similar situations, but I'm leaving that out now.
    Anyway, K. just got out of Columbus Juvie jail after being incarcerated for a long time, reform school, etc. He put $ down on some funiture, anyway, we call to see when he's going to get it, he's been arrested. B&E....he says he was just trying to talk the guys who broke in, not to break in. He's on probation, and will turn 18 in July...maybe before he goes to trail. Need's $$ to bond out. ;) Okay, I come home Sunday PM and the road behind me is blocked off, police on loudspeakers are negociating on a hostage situation, which ended with a tazer. I'm telling my wife, when she gets home, she tell me K.'s brother J. was pulled over by the cops in Elmwood when she left her mom's. She tells me her brother Cr. got arrested last night as they made too much noise at 4 AM partying in the back yard. The police were actually there to arrest another brother Jny. who jumped the fence & escaped. Cr. is wanted on some child support stuff (kid is 20 now) and also Jny gives Cr's SS# whenever he's arrested, so there's 16 bogus charges on Cr !! Another girl who hangs there, B. has a warrant for not showing up on a continuace for a disorderly charge when she got into an argument with the pharmisist. My mother in law was warned if Jny shows up, she will be arrested for harboring a convict or something. :p It just goes on & on. Cr. has been calling, as her phone has a block from collect calls, he wants to be bonded out...
    She has basically what I refer to as a flophouse, all her 4 living sons, their 1/2 bro and about 3 of their girlfriends living there, along with 2 other alcoholics One on crutches with a broken foot & one with a dislocated arm from a fight. Not that my family is immune, my son goes to court Friday too, for an unrelated charge. Anyway, to make a long story short, all these are self-imposed crisis due to alcohol or drug consumption. :D
    Anyway, that's the bad or good, it just is what it is, but I do know ugly......and THIS is ugly....a popeyed drum !! :eek:
    [​IMG]

2. mrfishohio

Oh yeah, the drum got all tangled up in another line too. :)
    Okay, my son was drinking with one of his uncles & gets offered a free haircut, it was quite long previously, so I think court weighed on his decision, glad he did it !!
    [​IMG]

3. mrfishohio

I wanted to fish a certain "not so secret" spot, James didn't, so we chased up the river, trying to find the spot the Doctor caught that 27# flat on, we may have not been anywhere near it, but we were close to where the picture was taken. ;)
    Anyway, after hitting 3 spot on the IN side & one on the KY side...wind blew us off it, we went down to my 1st choice spot. As we moved towards it, low & behold, someone else was on it, not only that, the guy was having a battle of tug of war with what appeared to be a huge fish. I had seen them earlier, and told them where to get some shad as we were pulling out. Anyway they boated the fish, had a pretty girl with them too. Man, some guys have all the luck ! He motors over to me to use my scale before he released it, it was 24.5#. :cool:
    [​IMG]

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Gee Jimmy, and I thought I had problems..Sounds like one big mess..When will people ever realize that alcohol, and drugs are bad news?

5. mrfishohio

Old hair do........... :eek: [​IMG]

6. mrfishohio

It's a long story & I could try to answer your question, but in a nutshell here it is. A person has to do what he has do just as a dog has to chase a squirrel. A person has no choice, just like the dog.
    Fortunately there is a solution. Anyone who wants to know, feel free to PM me & anything you say will be held in the strictest confidence. I've been there, done that. ;)

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Yes Jim, I do know what the solution is, and it is avalible to anyone ;)