close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

6/12 Brookville, Whities, Cicadas, Carp, Catfish, Smallies

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by mcmd8700, Jun 14, 2004.

1. Went to Brookville on Saturday, and once again caught fish. I wish there were a lake like this a little closer.

We got there at sunrise, and noticed a huge tournament going out of gar hill, so we had to put in at the dam. Nothing at first, but then at around 9:30am the whities came to the surface, and the fun was on. Caught about 40 in the span of an hour, then just as soon as the frenzy started, it stopped.

Noticed rain starting to move in, so we put the rain gear on headed back to a cove. I had a nice largemaouth on my senko, but lost it. Nothing else, so we decided to shake a tree and grab some cicadas just for the heck of it. That turned out to be a wise move! Almost immediately my buddy pulled in a big carp just unsing the cicada on a jig and bobber. So we collected more cicadas on rigged up bobber and split shots. We wound up catching carp, channel cats, and smallies on those bugs. Then a storm moved in, and forced us to end the day early around 1:30.