close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

6-12-04 Cowan Muskies

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by Fish-N-Fool, Jun 14, 2004.

1. I wanted post this for you Muskie guys -

First of all, I've never fished for Muskie in my life. On Saturday morning I took my Dad out on Cowan for a few hours of fishing. We used the public ramp by South Shore Marina. I crossed the lake and went into the large cove directly across from the marina. There are a lot of stumps and wood in there, so we were trying for bass & gills. I was pitching a medium size tube into the cover when I made a "bad" cast. I started to crank it in real fast to recast when out of nowhere a slender bodied Muskie came ripping through the water chasing my bait! :eek: He chased it to about 5' from the boat and bam! He hit so hard he nearly jumped in the boat swirling water everywhere :D, but somehow he missed it :( I'd say he was about 24'', which I know isn't all that large for a muskie....BUT -

I got so excited I started repeating my casts in earnest, just hoping he would reappear. No Luck ;) I've fished Cowan for the last 5 years pretty steady, but this was my first Muskie experience. I'm going to have to look into getting some proper equipment now! :)

2. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Pretty cool! I'm glad that muskies are finally turning up down there.

3. catking

catking Banned

That would be exciting Fish-N-Fool !! Cowan always produces a few nice ones a year. They stock around 900 a year there., with little pressure. CATKING

4. traphunter

traphunter Guest

My uncle got a 34" Muskie there last year.

5. Once your Hooked your Hooked on it in the worst way. :)