5th ave. dam

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mushijobah, Oct 29, 2007.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Hit it today on the 'tangy for some eyes. Didn't get any, but got 3 very nice keeper crappie! They sure did hit hard! Anyone else fish this, but for eyes? I know their in there, the deep spots are just hard to come by.

2. StuckAtHome

StuckAtHome Mad SOT YAKER!

Always wanted to try below that dam, never have, did try a few years back the low head dam on the sci I believe is town or rich street(one pool north of greenlawn) and it looks real good, deep pools with some nice slack spots, should hold some eyes and the only pressure it gets is 40 oz'ers and hobo's. Now if your into seeing Columbus's biggest collection of 40oz beer bottles float the nut starting at Broad st next to Columbus country club, a nice "country club" is built below the bridge and if you go downstream of it you'll see what the "homeowners" do all day. Still can't believe CCC doesn't give them the boot.

3. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Yeah, those spillway areas hold a bunch of eyes and other fish for that matter. As far as 40's and trash goes....refer to my Alum Creek photo in my photo album...it is from the the 3 creeks area.

4. seethe303

seethe303 Senior Executive Member

is this the dam you can see from 670 west on the right?

5. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

the one you are refering to is on the scioto and its for the water plant. the
    5th ave dam is just south of 5th where it crosses over the tangy.

6. StuckAtHome

Isn't that the one junky that the state/ whoever has been talking about removing sometime before I die?

7. FLT_TUBE_JNKY

FLT_TUBE_JNKY Uber Tuber

I seem to believe there was a previous post about low head dam removal and that was the one they were talking about.

On a side note Mike was at the new Dicks here in Hilliard tonight and all those new kayaks look nice, now I have to convince my wife how this is a good thing for the family.lol

8. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

anyone know what they are doing to the twin rivers dr. lowhead.

lots of equipment and looks like new rock being placed.

9. StuckAtHome

If ya need any help coming up with a story, I mean TRUTH about how it will help your relationship with the misses I'm good at lying, er TRUTH! Buy 2 yaks but don't get a double, blah!