close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

5th Ave. Dam report

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Lucky Bass, Feb 26, 2005.

1. Hey All,
    I fished the 5th ave. dam for the first time tonight from 4:30-6:30. Threw 3" chartreuse grub s-l-o-w-l-y reeled along the bottom, but didn't have any luck. I talked to a guy that caught a carp, snagged a sucker, and said that he already pulled a 5 and a quarter pound saugeye from that section this year. I was impressed with how much deep water there was and with good current running through it. Not so impressed with the ridiculous amount of trash that is down there...

Norm

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Where is the 5th. Ave. Dam?

3. I'm was referring to the Olentangy River. It's south of campus, directly below the 5th Ave. bridge. It's a small roller dam that you can't really see from 315.

Norm

4. last summer i caught two +10lb. carps on two consecutive cast. 1st. one took about 35 minutes to land on 4lb. streched the line all out so put on a back up spool of 4lb. next cast same thing, it looked like the twin of the 1st. one. you gotta love a place that can entertain you that.