57 Fish total > Friday + Saturday (ICE)

Discussion in 'Southeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sr.Jigger, Jan 27, 2008.

1. I fished private farm ponds and strip pits that I could find with at least 3" of ice for 2 days. 4" of ice was the thickest I found. Yesterday the ice was getting real slushie because of the water coming up thru the holes and mixing with the snow. The fish was all Blue Gill and Crappie.

2. jigger where did u fish?

3. Sounds like you had some fun Jigger!! Tried to find someone to go with Saturday or today,no luck!! Finally went by myself out around the docks at Salt Fork. Drilled some holes beside the metal posts and ended up with a bunch of small gills. Nothing to brag about,but at least I got out for a while.Had about 5in. of ice out there but I stayed on the docks since I was by myself.

4. me and two buddies also fished farm ponds this weekend, with maggots. 3 inches was the thickest ice we found....caught 50 saturday and 25 today, all brim, crappie, and bass. they only seemed to hit when we cleared the snow off around the holes and let some light through.