close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

55 gallon fish tank

Discussion in 'OGF Marketplace' started by ashtonmj, Mar 29, 2005.

1. ashtonmj

ashtonmj

0   0   0

Howdy folks,

I am moving and cannot bring this with me. It is a 55 gal aquarium that has double thick glass and NO center brace. Because of this it is much heavier than a traditional aquarium is of the same size. Does NOT leak and never has. With it comes a full wood, NOT particle board, stand that is fairly old has a methylne blue stain in the corner, but with a good sanding and varnish would look brand new. It also has the two Versa Top hoods. These are all glass, and I made my own center braces out of square dowels for them. Also included is a 48# double flourescent strip light. There is about one bag of sand in it as a base substrate. I had two and about a half inch to an inch of fractured clay gravel in it, for plant growth. I do have pictures of the tank/fish close up if you would like them. It is located in downtown cleveland, less than a minute from Jacobs Field and basically ALL the major highways. It is on a skid and can be easily picked up because of loading dock access. I am asking 50$.

With a good canister or two decent power filters and a fresh bed of clay substrate you have a great freshwater tank with great plant growth.

PM me for my email address and if you are interested.

2. atrkyhntr

atrkyhntr Guest

0   0   0

3. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

0   0   0

That is a heck of a deal for $50.00. My wife won't let me get another one.

4. atrkyhntr

atrkyhntr Guest

0   0   0

I'll prob get it man... sounds nice for sure...

5. ashtonmj

ashtonmj

0   0   0

Sent photos. Your first inline atrkyhntr with the 5:10 time stamp on the post.

6. atrkyhntr

atrkyhntr Guest

0   0   0

replied via email THANKS MATT

7. ashtonmj

ashtonmj

0   0   0

8. atrkyhntr

atrkyhntr Guest

0   0   0

Hey all this tank is well worth the $$$
    We simply purchased one the kids wanted or I was all over this one...

9. rockbass

rockbass Banned

0   0   0

sounds like a good deal to me. My uncle is big into fish and fish tanks, so as soon as I get an email with pics, I am sending it to my uncle. I am sure he will take it!

10. ashtonmj

ashtonmj

0   0   0

Really sorry for the delay in the pictures to the people who have PMed me, I am in TN, and my mother is taking the pictures and she forgot to two days in a row. So hopefully monday night ....

11. ashtonmj

ashtonmj

0   0   0

Pictures sent ... pictures of the tank and stand as is currently available as well as a few close ups while it was running.

12. ashtonmj

ashtonmj

0   0   0

Howdy folks,

I have moved and cannot bring this with me. It is a 55 gal aquarium that has double thick glass and NO center brace. Because of this it is heavier than a traditional aquarium is of the same size. Does NOT leak and never has. With it comes a full wood, NOT particle board, stand that is fairly old has a methylne blue stain in the corner, but with a good sanding and varnish would look brand new. It also has the two Versa Top hoods. These are all glass, and I made my own center braces out of square dowels for them. Also included is a 48" double flourescent bulb shop light w/ newer bulbs. There is about two bags of sand in it as a base substrate with about an inch or so of fractured clay gravel in it, for plant growth. I do have pictures of the tank/fish close up if you would like them. It is located in downtown cleveland, less than a minute from Jacobs Field and basically ALL the major highways. It is on a skid and can be easily picked up because of loading dock access. I am asking $50. A used tank of this size itself is 50+ dollars, the light is over 10 at Lowes/Home Depot, the stand is worth it if you clean it up, and the glass hoods were over 20 total as well.

With a good canister or two decent power filters, a bag of gravel/clay you have a great freshwater tank with great plant growth.

PM me for my email address, pictures, and if you are interested.