close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

50 states 50 fish in 50 weeks

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by twistertail, May 13, 2004.

1. Anyone else reed the article in the Columbus Dispatch? What an adventrue. This couple was going around the country on a trip to catch 50 different fish in all 50 states in 50 days, on a fly rod! They were in columbus yesterday and were fishing in a quarry pond off rt 33, i think someplace close to the DNR office. Then went out on Alum last night and the guy got a saugeye, i think that put him up to 40 some different freshwater fish and over 60 if he counted saltwater. Ohio was his 35th state. What a trip.

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Reminds me of Frank and Narda Walters, co-presidents of the Carp Anglers Group. They set out to catch a carp in all 50 states.....and they did! Even Hawaii (koi) and Alaska. Now we all know that Alaska doesn't have carp.....but man......what a story they have to tell about THAT state :D

3. I read about them in In-fisherman several times, that would have been great.
    It would be a lot of fun to catch 50 different types of fish.

4. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

sounds like a blast!