close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

5 Rivers MetroParks

Discussion in 'The Lodge' started by Flathead King 06, Jul 18, 2007.

1. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

just signed up for the controlled bowhunting program in the metroparks area...they had 4 different areas inwhich you can choose to hunt...

Shiloh Woods Conservation Area
    Huffman conservation Area
    Upper Twin Preserve
    Germantown MetroPark

was wondering if anyone has any info on these areas...and which one would be the best to hunt...thanks

2. Just out of curiousity, what is the controlled bowhunting program?

Thanks
    Chris

3. Flathead King 06

Flathead King 06 click...click...click

It is a program that was started last year that allows bowhunters to have access to "urban" areas by method of applying for a "slot"... it was set up to help reduce the number of deer in the areas; therefore, reducing the number of wrecks on the highways...pretty nice they set it up for hunters...just dont know where the best place would be to hunt :confused:

4. Did you apply online or go to the main office. I drive past an area (Shiloh Woods,I think) and would usually see bowhunters going in or out but didn't know what it was.

5. I have hunted Huffman park for two years. The first year I killed a deer in only a few minutes in the stand but last year was a waist. They have cut bike trails all over the park. I went in one time looked around and left, very disappointing. There are allot of deer in all of the areas that need to be killed or at least thinned out. Good Luck

6. Carpn

Carpn BOWFISHERMAN

They are making notifications today to those who drew...I picked GermantownC during Oct. since I took a doe last yr and got a shoe in pick.