Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got a bit of a late start this morning. I think I made my 1st cast @ 10am. Caught this guy on that cast...

Fished minnows for a bit then got board of catchin small fish. Started crankin around crrent breaks and eddys...

Beats workin!!!

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
nice catch. im lookin to get out tomarrow, hope it turns out like your trip or better and hope the little rain dont hurt lol.

·
Lucky Fisher, or skilled?
1,887 Posts
i will be out, im no rookie lol.
im a 15 year old seasoned vet.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Those are some nice looking smallies. Congrats on the success.

Thanks man...the pic of the one from yesterday just doesn't do it justice. That was one of the nicer smallmouths I've ever caught. Definitely 3-4 pounds...she was a big fatty!! I pulled her out of a downed tree with 6 lb test...needless to say, she didn't want to come out and the whole situation got me a bit jittery.

·
Registered
506 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I Take It That You Were Fishing The River Sections Of Sciota And Not In The Resevoir Griggs Or Oshay. Nice Fish

Yep, North of Griggs, South of O'Shaunessey. Took the little lady with me yesterday...it was only the 2nd time she'd been fishing in her life...she caught more than I did!!! I can salvage a bit of pride by adding that she used live minnows while I switched back and forth between a rebel crawfish crankbait and a 4 inch floating rapala. My numbers may have been lacking but I did manage to catch the largest fish of the day. I received no argument when I insisted that "size does matter." :D

·
Registered
198 Posts
I'm not tryin to start anything here but,did you weigh these fish? I only ask because I fish alot of rivers and streams and have caught fish that size but I never weighed them. Just curious.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts