Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Launched real early so there was no armada of anchored perch jerkers; trolled north with dipseys/stingers to find the perch. Within 45 minutes, I landed my first of a lifetime 10# eye by myself. My perching plans were now dashed! Trolled up a nice 5#er along with a few sheep (there's a 8 or 9#er with my favorite flavor of stinger in its mouth) and a couple stray white bass. Reports on channel 79 indicated slow going for eyes.

Finally parked for perch around 2:00 among the 100 anchored boats and caught nothing but 6-7" dinks. Went home happy.

Personally witnessed 3 very large boats hauling azz within 50' of my measly 16' trolling machine and others. With a dozen or so rod holders on those cruisers, you'd think they would understand the concept of spooking the fish in one's vicinity, let alone provide me with a huge wake. Guess the holiday brings the special ones out to every lake.

·
Registered
3,041 Posts
Way to go on the 10 pounder! That is great. I have not caught one even close to that, as a matter of fact my biggest saugeye is bigger than my biggest walleye:rolleyes:

·
Registered
11,348 Posts
Great catch! :cool: Took me over ten years to get a ten pounder even though I was fishing Erie at least twice a week and had netted many 10's for guests aboard my boat. :eek: Hope you got some good pictures. Have one enlarged and put it in a appropriate frame and enjoy that special fishing moment over and over again. :)

·
Catcher of Fish
2,844 Posts
Good job Jimbo. That's one heck of a nice fish.... but my big one is still bigger :D

·
Set The Hook!
2,175 Posts
Congratulations on the fish. I got my first 10 lber around Vermillian last year also. Got her drifting a bottom bouncer and worm harness. Iv'e been hooked on walleye fishing ever since!

·
Registered
2,285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've been hooked on fishing since buying a boat last spring. It's been a big exercise in patience; good thing I have a lot of it to stick it out. Pic's will be developed and posted next week.

A psecial thanks to all that have provided advice and encouragement!

·
Registered
536 Posts
Way to go on that nice fish. I'll bet that was a blast.

As far as the idiots running so close to you. I have seen this many times off of vermilion and get ticked every time i see it. I guess guys must figure the heck with everyone else, i am going where i want when i want.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts