close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

5-23-04 East Fork

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Fishman, May 23, 2004.

1. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Well today was the first time I got to go out since relocating to Cinci, and I'm proud to say that I got into some fish, thanks to you guys. I ended up going to East Fork since I have a few things I have to do this evening. I drove down to the Boat ramp on the end of Bantam road, but it looked too deep (actually I was afriad the whole lake was going to be too deep )and there was ALOT of boat traffic.

So I talked to a few fisherman there and asked where there might be some shallower areas and one pointed me in the direction of the beach area, on my way I stopped at Turkey ridge, but after realizing I would have to walk 100 yards down a cliff and back up, I decided I'de go check out the swimming area. I found a spot that looked great chummed a can of corn and sat back. Nothing happened for about the first hour but I finally started seeing some carp over my chum area and in no time I was catching some fish. They were all pretty small, but it beats catching nothing ;) One of the carp was probably 12 inches, probably my new PW (personal worst :D) The biggest was 3 pounds at most. I think I landed 5 in all, lost 1, and had serveral runs but just didn't hook up.

I saw some guys on a boat catching crappies pretty close to me, but they must have been in deeper water. Right before I left, I actually walked out close to where I was casting and I was only standing in about 2 foot of water on a gravel bottom.

2. catking

catking Banned

Hey fishman, we will HAVE to hook up so I can show ya some great carp spots. They are off the beaten path, but easy to get to. The area down by the beach is a decent place, but there are better places. Just as soon as I can get a freakin free day, we will do it. CATKING.

3. catking

catking Banned

As a matter of fact, any weekday, in the evening ,say past 6 pm, I can meet you over at East Fork. I live 10 minutes from the old 32 side by the Boars Head Bait shop. CATKING

4. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

fishman..doood..if da king do come out to fish..be sure to take a picture or 2..its considered a rare moment... :D

5. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Hey King I'll take you up on that offer. The days that I do work, are generally VERY long days. I'll know my schedule tomorrow, and I'll let you know what I can do.

6. catking

catking Banned

Hey Dude, I said I'd give fishman a TOUR of some carpin spots. Ya know I'don't fish anymore :D Hey, this year , that's about right. I've probably fished under 7 times total :eek: :eek: BUSY BUSY BUSY !!! THE CATKING :cool:

7. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I thought Da King had most days free??????

8. catking

catking Banned

Just let me know fishman, and we can take a tour of bank spots. Hey Jackson, that was the OLD CATKING !!! The newer version works 7 days a week, and has lost 22 pounds :cool: 18 more pounds to go ;) That would be a total of 40 pounds for you catters that are still counting :rolleyes: DA KING !!!

9. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

I'll know by tomorrow, I'll post here when I can make it :)