Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well today was the first time I got to go out since relocating to Cinci, and I'm proud to say that I got into some fish, thanks to you guys. I ended up going to East Fork since I have a few things I have to do this evening. I drove down to the Boat ramp on the end of Bantam road, but it looked too deep (actually I was afriad the whole lake was going to be too deep )and there was ALOT of boat traffic.

So I talked to a few fisherman there and asked where there might be some shallower areas and one pointed me in the direction of the beach area, on my way I stopped at Turkey ridge, but after realizing I would have to walk 100 yards down a cliff and back up, I decided I'de go check out the swimming area. I found a spot that looked great chummed a can of corn and sat back. Nothing happened for about the first hour but I finally started seeing some carp over my chum area and in no time I was catching some fish. They were all pretty small, but it beats catching nothing ;) One of the carp was probably 12 inches, probably my new PW (personal worst :D) The biggest was 3 pounds at most. I think I landed 5 in all, lost 1, and had serveral runs but just didn't hook up.

I saw some guys on a boat catching crappies pretty close to me, but they must have been in deeper water. Right before I left, I actually walked out close to where I was casting and I was only standing in about 2 foot of water on a gravel bottom.

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
Hey fishman, we will HAVE to hook up so I can show ya some great carp spots. They are off the beaten path, but easy to get to. The area down by the beach is a decent place, but there are better places. Just as soon as I can get a freakin free day, we will do it. CATKING.

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
As a matter of fact, any weekday, in the evening ,say past 6 pm, I can meet you over at East Fork. I live 10 minutes from the old 32 side by the Boars Head Bait shop. CATKING

·
The Corn Chucker
3,852 Posts
fishman..doood..if da king do come out to fish..be sure to take a picture or 2..its considered a rare moment... :D

·
Catch bait???
4,018 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hey King I'll take you up on that offer. The days that I do work, are generally VERY long days. I'll know my schedule tomorrow, and I'll let you know what I can do.

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
Hey Dude, I said I'd give fishman a TOUR of some carpin spots. Ya know I'don't fish anymore :D Hey, this year , that's about right. I've probably fished under 7 times total :eek: :eek: BUSY BUSY BUSY !!! THE CATKING :cool:

·
Banned
5,617 Posts
Just let me know fishman, and we can take a tour of bank spots. Hey Jackson, that was the OLD CATKING !!! The newer version works 7 days a week, and has lost 22 pounds :cool: 18 more pounds to go ;) That would be a total of 40 pounds for you catters that are still counting :rolleyes: DA KING !!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts