close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

5-17-04 Report

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, May 18, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Went for the day bite since my night bite was bad. No big change. I haven't been marking much, was onto some blues last week, now it's mostly channels. Had a difficult time finding bait, had to blind cast, did manage some nice big shad though. Got a little rain now & then, just for a minute or two. Was casting a skippy rigs & got this combo, a hybrid on the fly and a WB on the jig :confused: The hybrid had that shad comiing out it's mouth.
    [​IMG]
    While cutting a line I went to drop the spoon over the side & dropped my favorite pocketknife over with it, that was a bad omen !! :eek:
    Anyway, tried a few more spots, got about 4-5 channelcats, most of them small & brown, lots of taps, no good commitments. Although I did have the clicker set on some cut skip that ran real nice & pulled loose near the boat :mad:
    [​IMG]

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

This was the only bluecat....
    [​IMG]
    Got run off by a big storm, I was 10 miles away from the ramp, sky turned black & big lightning strikes. Got back & there was another guy who had passed me earlier debating going back out. I said no way, then as I was about to leave, another guy comes down, I warn him, he said on the radar, it looked good now :eek: I was too tired to go back out, but I think the storm did miss that area.

3. Nice fish Jim,I thought you would be out yesterday.I thought about trying it after work,glad I did not we got hail & lots of rain at my house.daryl