Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went for the day bite since my night bite was bad. No big change. I haven't been marking much, was onto some blues last week, now it's mostly channels. Had a difficult time finding bait, had to blind cast, did manage some nice big shad though. Got a little rain now & then, just for a minute or two. Was casting a skippy rigs & got this combo, a hybrid on the fly and a WB on the jig :confused: The hybrid had that shad comiing out it's mouth.

While cutting a line I went to drop the spoon over the side & dropped my favorite pocketknife over with it, that was a bad omen !! :eek:
Anyway, tried a few more spots, got about 4-5 channelcats, most of them small & brown, lots of taps, no good commitments. Although I did have the clicker set on some cut skip that ran real nice & pulled loose near the boat :mad:

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,646 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was the only bluecat....

Got run off by a big storm, I was 10 miles away from the ramp, sky turned black & big lightning strikes. Got back & there was another guy who had passed me earlier debating going back out. I said no way, then as I was about to leave, another guy comes down, I warn him, he said on the radar, it looked good now :eek: I was too tired to go back out, but I think the storm did miss that area.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Nice fish Jim,I thought you would be out yesterday.I thought about trying it after work,glad I did not we got hail & lots of rain at my house.daryl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts