Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took a buddy from Price Hill for a boat trip last night. Got started after 6PM, took awhile to get shad, started fishing by 7:15. Wasn't marking much, I was trying hard to find fish to sit on. Found a few scattered, dropped anchor, got a few bumps & bites. Rod was moving a little, I told Paul it was probably just a 2# flathead. I checked the bait, it was stuck, popped it a few times & wound up with a dink flat on it. :cool:

Next I caught a real ugly channel cat, I did a release & no picture, then we moved & tried several other spots. Saw a few fish popping, so I threw a spoon, got a hit, then next cast a fish, it was a small channel cat !! Hit a spoon, not a fowl hook, I thought it was a white bass the way it nailed it. He was about 8-9" long. Paul had a few fish on and lost them near the boat, nothing big. Since we were using my equiptment, we took turns on the fish.
Eventually I had a rod go down & passed it off to him, a nice bluecat.

·
Recovering Fishaholic
3,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
We stayed out too late, I kept searching for fish, would've been better to have left at 11:30 PM which was my original plan, so I'd be back to the ramp by midnight & home at a reasonable hour. I think we pulled out of the ramp about 2:30 AM, and got home at 3:30 and all put up by 4AM. Too late(early) for me. So I slept in & missed church & the morning bite too.... :p
Caught another channel cat in the mix too.

So I guess our totals was one flat, 3 channels ( counting the dink on the spoon) and one bluecat. :rolleyes:
Pretty slow night, now that the river's down, I think they have scattered & aren't holding to any patterns.

·
Registered
2,958 Posts
Good fish Jim maybe next time will be better.Bth what kind of gloves was you freind wearing,I am getting tired of my hands being so tore up?Daryl

1 - 3 of 3 Posts