close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

5-15-04

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by mrfishohio, May 16, 2004.

1. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

Took a buddy from Price Hill for a boat trip last night. Got started after 6PM, took awhile to get shad, started fishing by 7:15. Wasn't marking much, I was trying hard to find fish to sit on. Found a few scattered, dropped anchor, got a few bumps & bites. Rod was moving a little, I told Paul it was probably just a 2# flathead. I checked the bait, it was stuck, popped it a few times & wound up with a dink flat on it. :cool:
    [​IMG]
    Next I caught a real ugly channel cat, I did a release & no picture, then we moved & tried several other spots. Saw a few fish popping, so I threw a spoon, got a hit, then next cast a fish, it was a small channel cat !! Hit a spoon, not a fowl hook, I thought it was a white bass the way it nailed it. He was about 8-9" long. Paul had a few fish on and lost them near the boat, nothing big. Since we were using my equiptment, we took turns on the fish.
    Eventually I had a rod go down & passed it off to him, a nice bluecat.
    [​IMG]

2. mrfishohio

mrfishohio Recovering Fishaholic

We stayed out too late, I kept searching for fish, would've been better to have left at 11:30 PM which was my original plan, so I'd be back to the ramp by midnight & home at a reasonable hour. I think we pulled out of the ramp about 2:30 AM, and got home at 3:30 and all put up by 4AM. Too late(early) for me. So I slept in & missed church & the morning bite too.... :p
    Caught another channel cat in the mix too.
    [​IMG]
    So I guess our totals was one flat, 3 channels ( counting the dink on the spoon) and one bluecat. :rolleyes:
    Pretty slow night, now that the river's down, I think they have scattered & aren't holding to any patterns.

3. Good fish Jim maybe next time will be better.Bth what kind of gloves was you freind wearing,I am getting tired of my hands being so tore up?Daryl