close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

5-14-08 largemouth's on fire!

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by fishymcgoo, May 14, 2008.

1. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

hit up a local pond today despite the light rain and i am glad i did. not had a lot of luck with largemouth's yet but they sure were hungry today:)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. sounds like you had a good time ;)
    What were you chucking?

3. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

I also hit a local pond on wed. It was raining pretty good and windy, but the bass were hitting I caught 6 between 1.5lbs & 3.5lbs. I als lost 2 that were bigger. I also learned a lesson about using right line & reel for the presentation. I was tossing a tube with a 7' med action spinning rod with 8lb test. snapped line twice on a couple of pigs. Oh well still had great day...

4. you should be fine usiong 8# line. I don't use more than 6# the majority of the time and have caught quite a few descent sized fish I might add. check to see your is dry rotted or just old. it could also be your knot.
    hope this helps good luck!

5. I agree Yakfish, line that is old will snap, also drag not set correctly will cause you to loose fish along with old line. Always check the drag and change you line frequently. God I hope this rain stops, it is going to be a slow weekend for sure, and muddy rivers and streams.
    Go Get'em Boys !!!

6. chris1162

chris1162 team flatty

is that the pond behind a certain police station. i was there 5-13 and caught some nice ones. they were holding on structure pretty hard.

7. carxman17

carxman17 cincinnati fishaholic

Thanks for the replys. I think old line might be the culprit I havent change the line on that reel for a while.

8. That fish is bigger than your sons head. Can you take my fishing pics?

9. I enjoy that police station pond.

10. fishymcgoo

fishymcgoo I DIDN'T SEE THE SIGN

actualy i was not anywhere near a police station. but i woould love to know where this pond is?:B