Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went out this morning off the Castle out of Vermilion (I think that is west of the river). 33 Feet did okay lake was too flat got 3 eyes landed lost a big one at the boat. One large small mouth. Good day until kicker motor died twice. I think I have it fixed now. I will out again on sunday for the evening bite going into night. Here is some pics.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Nice catch tubuz. You was trollin I take it right? Was you using harness or spoons? We only got 1 walleye yesterday on purple, purple/green jigs.

I live in Florence about 6 miles from Vermilion maybe we'll see you at the dock sometime.

·
Registered
1,300 Posts
Nice ones Joe.
I may be out at Ruggles Sunday evening myself.
I will yell out for you.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
We had one on a harness big fish it was on one of eyesman01 harnesses. But what I thought would happen did. Lost at the boat. I am currently upgrading hooks and trying a few things with them. The rest came off a reefrunner Barenaked deep 200 feet back and on a board. The two guys I took were complaining aobut reeling in that much line. Had a couple of pull back on the high baits but nothing stayed on. White bass were chasing minnows on top so I thing it was a white bass. I ran harness but only on taker. Talk to a guy fishing off castle he said he been doing real good jig for eye of castle in closer. Also a guy fishing of sherrock park in 14 feet did well jigging.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts