Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
respect our rivers please
2,669 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Woke up at 2:45am. Met up with bapenn and went on a charter. Launched out of a marina called Fenwick up near the Davis Besse power plant in the Western Basin. Weather looked gloomy all day. Some of the waves were pretty big but mostly were 2ft'ers. Bite for us was slow. I was the only one that got any eyes. I ended up with 2 eyes. The cold front seemed to give them lock jaw. I am not complaining. I got my best eye to date. This boy is getting mounted. Got it on a 3/4 ounce green jig head with a mr. twister tail.

Below is the link to the pic.

My biggest walleye to date. Caught on 5/1/04 in the Western Basin

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
The picture is plenty clear...that's a nice fish...I think he is saying that the walleye is very dark in color. I haven't seen a walleye with that dark of markings, but then again, I haven't seen all that many walleye. Looks like a good eating size!

·
Premium Member
10,880 Posts
Dark in color, much darker than the walleye I normally see in Erie, especially this early with the colder water temps. Unless the camera is playing a trick on my old eyes.

That might be a good question for our chat guest next Monday, the various color phases of walleye in Erie.

Once again nice fish,
Kim

·
Premium Member
4,068 Posts
Nice fish! Looks like a cold day for certain!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts