close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

5-1-04 big O

Discussion in 'Ohio River Fishing Reports' started by truck, May 3, 2004.

1. Headed up river about 9;30,fished a couple spots no runs no fish.Went back down river stopped at 4 more spots caught a 7# carp 9 hybrids the largest 5#,and finaly caught a cat 7# channel.Headed back up stream caught 3 more hybrids.I snapped one last pic before we got dumped on big time.We could not get the rain suits on fast enough,already had the top up but MAN it poured.We could only go about 8mph the last 2 miles,the waves were about 3 feet.Lucky for us they were breaking going up stream so it was kinda like surfing.Almost ruined the new camera,got soaked and with the wind wiping it was hard to load the boat.Kinda slow fishing but it was better than no fish.[​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG] Welooked up and this was coming at us[​IMG]

2. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

that is one helluva rain storm. glad to see you guys got into some fish. I noticed in one of the pictures the water is up in the trees. Is the river really up right now, or is that just how the area you fish always looks?

3. The river was up a couple feet,some of the places almost always look that way.It was the slowest bite we have had all year so far! Daryl

4. DavidWS10

DavidWS10 Bankless Boat Trash

Daryl, glad to see you gettin into those wipers. Looks like fun. That is, except for that storm you got caught in.

5. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nice fish, that looks like a heck of a storm!

6. I did find out something Sat,I need to install my bilge pump in case that happens again.In all my years of boating I have never got that much water in a boat before.When we got the boat loaded the water was almost level with the top of the gas tank(12 gal tank)!Anyway it is just great to be out catching fish :) Daryl