close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

$5.00 gas anyone?

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by captnroger, Sep 21, 2005.

1. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

That is so depressing.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

You could post some good news couldn't you? :D

3. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

from the article.
    sounds more to me,like the oil rigs/refineries are in the wrong place:rolleyes:

4. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I agree Rick. You don't think we might learn anything from this, do you?

Already filled up the vehicles and extra cans. That'll hold us for a few weeks. Hopefully.

5. Can't blame them! Gosh who would've ever thought that bad hurricanes could hit the Gulf of Mexico. I mean they should have picked a better locale to build their refineries, like a trailer park in Oklahoma or a hillside in California. But certainly never pick a dull mundane place like Ohio because no one around here needs the work anyway.

6. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

If that happens I'll be in bad shape. Things are really slow at work and I am likely going to be needing a new job. Closest lead I have is over 40 miles away and @ 14MPG that equates to serious problems financially. $30 a day just to get to work and back 6 days a week. Not to mention what it is going to do to everyday expenses such as groceries. Everything factored in and I'll be paying to work! Only one of my three vehicles get better than 20 and my wife is considering a job that is also 40 miles away. I should have bought a motorcycle instead of a boat.

7. yea really,living on 673 ssd a month its gonna kill me!!!!

8. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

if it happens it will put the hurt on alot of people.

9. I stopped at BP this morning, asked for $5 worth of gas. The attendant broke wind and handed me a receipt.

10. Darwin

Darwin If your gonna be a bear..

HA! :D At least you made me laugh after reading that depressing article!! :(

11. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

12. H2O Mellon

H2O Mellon Hangin' With My Gnomies

I am real worried about the people down there. Sounds like Galvaston could be gone. 15ft wall, but the possibility of 50 foot waves.... thats leaves 35 feet unattened for.

13. If gas gets that high I will be camping out at work during the week :(

14. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

price gouging is all that it amounts to and the govt. is letting it happen!
    why should the price go up?????
    if production goes down because of the hurricane i could see them running out of supply but that hasn't happened.so instead they choose to stick it to the consumer then try to blame it on a storm.how stupid do they think we are?

15. UFM82

UFM82 The one others want to be

If not, it was a pretty silly thing to say.

It definitely is the worst thing that could happen right now. Even if it doesn't trash the place, oil will still shoot up on fears that it could. We'll pay the price and grumble but what are you going to do? Gasoline is one commodity that NO ONE can do without if they have to drive. I can scrimp on food, recreation, etc. But, I can't scrimp on gas-I have to have it to drive my vehicle.

It's gonna hurt. But I really don't see what can be done about it. It's an open market and someone, somewhere will buy at any price.

UFM82

16. Fastlane

Fastlane Fishless as usual

I think it's bull. More accurately we probably have a surplus of gas and it is just a ploy to get everyone to rush to the gas stations and fill up every jug they can find before the price skyrockets. I remember when 9/11 happened and some stations were staying open until they ran out of gas telling people we would be out of luck tomorrow because gas was going to go to $4-$6 a gallon the next day because of the halting of trade with Iraq. I saw lines at the pumps today all over Xenia. Will it go up? Yes. Not out of lack of resources but out of pure greed. Wonder how much of the extortioned profits the big oil companies will be spending on rebuilding the communities destroyed by these storms? Oh wait. We have to feel sorry for them because they are losing refineries. Too bad "Mad" Sam Kinnison isn't still alive to tell it like it is. Remember the "You live in a *&^%#*$ desert, this is sand, nothing grows in sand". The routine would be changed to "You see that? That is the ocean up there, we're below that level here. Build on higher ground where hurricanes don't happen. AAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHH!"

17. I filled my tank up yesterday to try and ride this out. Lucky for me, I only have to drive 6-7 miles each way to work. I will be fishing this weekend after not for almost a month, but probably only once.

18. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

well,it was a little tongue and cheek,so i guess that would make it only a little "silly".
    i don't really understand why you would think it silly though,cause if i were sitting there right now,i'd sure feel i was in the wrong place :confused:
    i wouldn't want to be in the shoes of anyone there under the circumstances.