Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well, it’s finally happened. We have had a stretch of stable weather that will last into the weekend.
I was out yesterday and found areas that typically hold fish this time of year holding fish. The schools were large (several miles). We were able to fill the cooler although they weren’t jumping in the boat like a couple weeks ago. Took a bit to figure out a decent presentation, but once dialed in it was a steady pick.

So, if your coming up to fish.... A) be patient, stay safe.
B) believe your sonar. If your not marking fish, don’t fish there, if you are... do it.
C) You can probably expect to find fish in classic locations for this time of year.
D) Fish above the fish, eyes are on top...
E) Fast is fine this time of year, yesterday 2.6, 2.7 was good. Faster would have probably worked.
F) Don’t assume due to hatch they aren’t hungry... they will bite.
E) If your not catching go shallower, deeper, faster, slower. ( if you’re marking eyes).
F) For biting flies try Picaridin.

I hope you all limit!

Have at em, social distance, wear masks in close proximity and don’t be “That Guy” at the ramp.

Happy Fourth!

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I am off work Friday for the holiday so gonna fish, I know it will be a "zoo" both Saturday & Sunday. Maybe everyone else has same idea as I do and are fishing Friday? Get to ramps early and get off water before it gets hot. Hope everyone fills their coolers.
My plan exactly !! Fish Friday early ( ramp by 5:30-6 am ) and hope to have 3 man limit noonish , then relax Saturday and Sunday

·
Registered
53 Posts
I agree with if you’re marking find a presentation that works. If you’re not, move. Also I always do best away from the crowd. The schools of fish are large so we shouldn’t be bunched up. Don’t be afraid to run some bright colored spoons if you want some steelhead because I’m sure they’re mixed in at the colder depths especially if you’re running speeds in 2.7+ mph.

The best thing I’ve used over the years for biting flies was to lather on Joy soap on my ankles and legs. Sounds funny but works. Might have to reapply if you sweat a lot.
Good Luck,
Frickster

·
Registered
2,243 Posts
Its my daughters Bday today, but I couldn't take her out today. So she wants to go Friday. UUGGGGGGHHHHHH ! ! ! lol
Oh well I will suck it up and take her. I told her she will have to get up really, really early to beat all the traffic. She was fine with that. So early it will be.

·
Registered
4,401 Posts
I'm. Not wearing a mask , turn the ones that don't like it they can keep their distance I mean I'm at a launch ramp there's no need for you to be anywhere near me if you want to chat that's fine and we can do that from 8-10 feet away

·
Registered
166 Posts
I’m going Wednesday morning. Only gonna run 3 rods, 4 if it’s slow. I’ll let ya know how I did Wave Warrior. Then off to our cabin for a long weekend. Good luck Friday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
1 - 20 of 28 Posts